The human spine is an amazing, yet fragile, part of our body. It's the column that carries us through life and allows us to live as we do. With so much responsibility on its shoulders, your spine needs to stay healthy and strong. That is why, at Northwest Wellness Center in Dublin, OH, Dr. Briggs and Dr. Jay focus on taking care of you by taking care of your spine.
Common Spinal Conditions
There are millions of people dealing with different types of spine pain and injuries on any given day. The following is a list of five common conditions that plague many:
This type of pain occurs when you experience tingling, numbness, or weakness in any part of your body due to the irritation of nerve roots.
This type of spine disease is caused by the compression of the spinal cord, which can lead to weakness or loss of sensation.
3. Spinal Stenosis
This is the narrowing of the spinal canal, which can cause pain, tingling, and numbness in the legs and feet.
This is an abnormal curvature of the spine often seen in children but it can also affect adults. Scoliosis can cause pain and limit your range of motion.
Diagnosing Spinal Conditions
The first step to overcoming spine pain is visiting your primary care physician. The chiropractor should then decide if you are a candidate for any of the following diagnostic tools:
- X-Ray: An X-ray allows the chiropractor to see the bones in your spine and look at their alignment. If there are problems, they will become evident through this procedure.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): This imaging procedure is very powerful and can view the discs, nerves, and spinal cord in great detail. It's the best way to get a precise diagnosis of any spine problems you may be experiencing.
- Electromyography (EMG): This is a test to measure the electrical activity of your muscles. EMG can help diagnose radiculopathy and myelopathy.
Chiropractic Care Treatments for Spinal Conditions
The most common chiropractic care treatments for these conditions include:
- Spinal Manipulation: Spinal manipulation helps correct joint dysfunction and restore normal function to the area.
- Physical Therapy Exercises: These exercises help strengthen muscles, improve flexibility, and maximize nerve function in your back.
- Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression: Our spinal decompression can reduce pressure on a compressed or irritated nerve root without surgery.
- Stem Wave Therapy: These treatments are often used to help your body regenerate itself on its own, without injections or medications.
Get Your Spine Checked Out Today
It is crucial to consult with a chiropractor if you are experiencing any type of back or neck pain. At Northwest Wellness Center in Dublin, OH, we can help you find the ideal treatment plan and get you on the road to recovery. Call our team at (614) 792-3444 to make an appointment with Dr. Briggs or Dr. Jay today.